Skip to main content

Exploring Restaurants

This week was full of good finds! Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of a dish I had at a Vietnamese restaurant, Pho Palace, in Arlington. I was busy catching up with my girlfriends. It was perfect for a rainy day. The dish is called Bun Bo Hue Chay = Vegetarian Beef Vermicelli Soup. It was wonderful bc it was loaded with varieties of tofu, vegan beef, and meatless pork loaf.  Full of flavor. Good stuff. The restaurant has a large vegetarian selection also.

Another find was in Dallas called Da Munchies. The people were so sweet and the food is made to order.  Vegan soul food full of love... you know it's not going to be healthy 😅😆... but it is soooo goood.  This is an oyster mushroom po boy. I was impressed bc I have tried "chik'n tenders" made with oyster mushrooms before... it was oily and super soggy b/c of the juices leaking onto the batter. This had a great crunch, no sog, and bold flavors. ALSO strangely not oily.. not even the tots.  I ate about half and barely any tots.. wanted to save this treat for my husband when I got home. He loved it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vegetarian Meals

Before my trip, I had a fun pot luck with my girls I made Jackfruit BBQ pulled "pork" Homemade Coleslaw dressing After returning... went straight to my sister's for Thanksgiving... Turkey, ham, pumpkin pie, etc etc. First cooked meal at home: vegetarian jap chae with Zoodles and Carrot Noodles with my new spiralizer. Augh, I don't know why my pictures don't show up on some posts... but I am too lazy to fix it AGAIN. :\

In-n-Out Protein Style Burger!

I am so happy with this lunch! I wanted something fresher with some greens. We have lots of veggie patties in the freezer too haha.  Then, I remembered we had an extra In-n-Out sauce packet. Lettuce, tomato, grilled onions, swiss cheese (no American in the house)... but I forgot about the mustard -_- Anyway, I am so happy with this. It was so good. 

Roasted Cauliflower

An all time favorite.  My father in law is a quiet man, but we know when he enjoys something.  One day, I just chopped up a cauliflower, tossed it in olive oil, paprika, salt, and pepper... then threw it in the oven at 450F for 30-40 min until nice and browned to your liking.  The next day, he brought home 2 cauliflower heads.